Sunday, October 15, 2006
The show is Thursday night, folks, and the public dress rehearsal is Wednesday. Get tickets NOW before they're gone -- $75 a ticket for the Thursday night show, including dinner; $20 for dress rehearsal. Want tickets? Call Amy Smith at 615-327-1189 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out www.nashvillegridiron.com for more info.
If you're not going to Gridiron on Oct. 18, head down to the downtown public library to hear Time magazine's senior correspondent Michael Weisskopf discuss his new book, Blood Brothers: Among the Soldiers of Ward 57. Weisskopf was wounded in Iraq, and his book is about his stay at Walter Reed Hospital. His talk is being presented by McNeely Pigott and Fox.Time: 6 p.m. Oct. 18. Admission is free, but you should RSVP by calling 259-4000, ext. 111.
The baton of leadership has been passed for the Middle Tennessee Pro Chapter. Following elections held at the chapter's recent luncheon/panel, our new president is Milt Capps of NashvillePost.com. We also have a new president-elect, Jacqueline Fellows of WPLN radio.
Elected to two year-terms, ending July 1, 2008, are:
- Jennifer Peebles, The Tennessean
- Kent Flanagan, Middle Tennessee State University
- Frank Gibson, Tennessee Coalition for Open Government
- Joe Morris, freelance journalist
- Milt Capps, NashvillePost.com, and
- Sharon Fitzgerald, Middle Tennessee State University.
- Prof. Larry Burriss, MTSU
- Bill Lewis, Seigenthaler Public Relations
- Sandy Campbell, GCA News
- Jacqueline Fellows, WPLN radio
- Phil Williams, WTVF-Channel 5
- Clay Scott, Volunteer State Community College
- Dr. Bonnie Parnell Riechert, Belmont University
- President: Milt Capps, Associate Publisher, Nashville Post Co.
- President-elect: Jacqueline Fellows, WPLN radio.
- Immediate Past President: Jennifer Peebles.
- Vice President/Freedom of Information: Frank Gibson.